2007년 7월 28일 토요일

comparing ads

“Ouch! That hurts.” And then, my sister screamed in the bathroom. “What’s up there?” I asked to her. When I went to the bathroom, she was almost crying and said, “I tried to eliminate my leg hair, but I could not. It was very sick!” Therefore, I suggested to her. “Use another one, or do not shave your leg.” When I saw two advertisements that are products of shavers in a magazine, that happening just popped in my head. I think the way of advertising is important because the advertisement is a part of strategies in marketing and it is related to customers. Also the most important thing in the advertisement is how to approach to customer and explain a product. By comparing, those two advertisements, the Venus and the Quattro, we can know what advertisements intend to customers and, how to attract people who need a shaver.
Both ads do not emphasize their products and write down their functions of items in the corner of a page. The Venus ad touches people’s emotion and makes people believe product work well. However, the Quattro ad differs from the Venus because the Quattro ad approaches to people the other way which expresses artificially. In addition, customers easily find advertisements which are similar to the Venus.
Gillete’s Venue ad is not artificial. It expresses feeling after using a shaver. A model who has shiny body wears purple- colored bikini wraps around a silky big scarf. The Venus ad makes people can imagine smooth, silky skin. By seeing the ad, every woman who has leg’s hair expects to have the same skin as shown in the picture. The Gillette company made the ad with good balance. The customers can see item’s benefits and functions on the left corner of the page.
The Quattro’s ad attracts readers of advertisement because it does not use a model. It uses a computer such as a design graphic. The Quattro’s ad evokes people’s curiosity and interests by showing only women’s shiny legs with drawing angles. Draw-angles make people believe the shaver was made more scientific than others. Even though ad does not say about feeling after using the product and advantages of the Quattro, customers were absorbed in the ad.
Not only the Venus, but also the Quattro has their own way of approaching to their consumers and they are clear in expressing their intention. In my opinion, I prefer the Quattro ad because of the creative concept they have produced as I already mentioned. The Quattro ad fascinates me.

댓글 없음: