2007년 7월 28일 토요일

Peter Paul Rubens- Cimon & Pero


Most of the people think painting which was drawn by famous painter is for high level group or very boring and difficult subject. I was same as you. Before I entered my university, I thought what art is very difficult and complex thing. However, now I will introduce very interesting painting. Have you ever seen this painting? This painting was drawn by Peter Paul Rubens. A title of this painting is Cimon & Pero. You can see this painting in Puerto Rico National Art Museum. As soon as you see what do you think? An old man and a young woman. In addition, the old man sucks her breast. Do you think they have immoral intimacy? when I saw this one at the first time, it was little bit shocked. There is the woman's breast in the nude and the old man sucks the breast. I think you are same as me. However, after listening my explaination about this painting, you have different feel and interest. There is a story. The old man is Cimon and Simon in America. The young woman is Pero. They are father and daughter. He was in jail becase of declaring independence and was waiting for capital punishment. In addition, he must not eat anything until that day. It made her heart hurt to see the father did not allowed to eat anything, so she entered the prison and gave her breast. It states she devoted herself and unconditional love. Now, what do you think? I thought a subect of art is very boring, but by knowing and taking classes I realize that the art is fascinated and captivated.

댓글 없음: