2007년 7월 15일 일요일

the Culture Shock

65% of the people experiences culture shock. I also have. It happened the second visiting in America.
One day, I was jogging alone in the park. Suddenly, a person who passed by me said “hello” and smiled, so I was embarrassed. “Is she crazy?” I said in my mind. Also “Does she know me?” “Why did she say hello to me?” Hmm.. I tried to remember who she was. However I could not. I concluded she was out of her mind. After I came back to my cousin’s home, I asked to my younger cousin who had lived in America for a while what happened to me. She laughed and said “Hey, sister, she was not crazy. Sometimes people say hello to you; even though, they do not know you. So, you were embarrassed? Huh?” to me. “What an awkward! So I have to answer that?” I asked my cousin. She answered “If you want, but if you do not want you do not have to.” I still can not understand it. I am getting used to some greeting at the shop like “How are you?” However, “hello” from strangers who I do not know is still a shy word to me.

댓글 없음: